Asset Based Finance and Securitization
Our asset-based finance group has extensive experience providing legal services to lessors, lenders and funders in this industry including the following:
- equipment lease and loan financing
- private equipment lease and loan securitization transactions (including those involving rated programs)
- purchase and sale transactions involving equipment lease and loan portfolios
- drafting and negotiating equipment leases and loans
- drafting true sale opinions
Our goals are: (1) to assist our clients to complete assignments or transactions on a timely basis, as efficiently as possible and at a cost that our clients believe represents excellent value, and (2) to provide helpful legal advice in structuring transactions, negotiating agreements and complying with applicable legislation.
Members of our team include Andy Ayotte and Julie Gingras. Our firm is an active member of the Canadian Finance and Leasing Association and the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association. Andy Ayotte is recognized by his peers as one of the best banking and finance lawyers in Canada in Best Lawyers International and as a leading practitioner in Asset Equipment Financing/Leasing by Lexpert.