Our work in the area of privacy, data protection and data security issues includes advising both multinational and domestic entities on compliance with Canadian laws, within the complicated framework of federal and provincial legislation. We can assist on all facets of privacy and data security law, including addressing alleged or actual breaches of Canadian privacy and data security laws, processes in respect of complaints of such matters, and compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Our expertise includes advising our clients in respect of the following:
- development and/or review of information practices, including privacy, confidentiality and security policies and procedures
- conducting Privacy Audits and developing Privacy Questionnaires and Privacy Risk Analysis tools and techniques to identify gaps, issues and potential problems
- drafting privacy policies and all required notices, consent forms, confidentiality pledges, web statements and brochures
- assistance with regulatory compliance with federal and provincial privacy legislation, guidelines and codes
- development and/or review of contractual arrangements
- development and/or review of information-sharing agreements
- offering on-site and in-house educational and training seminars for senior management, board of directors or staff.