Complimentary WV Webinar – Preventing and Addressing Workplace Accidents
The provincial government has amended the Occupational Health and Safety Act to allow for prosecutions to be commenced up to a year after the Ministry’s inspector(s) learn of an accident. As such, employers may face a prosecution years after the accident occurred. In addition, the provincial government has increased the fines that may be imposed. Individuals may now be subject to a fine of $100,000, per count (as opposed to $25,000), in addition to imprisonment for up to 12 months. Corporations may be subject to a fine of $1,500,000, per count (as opposed to $500,000).
In light of the above, it is even more important now that employers take the time to prevent and properly respond to workplace accidents.
During this webinar, we will review:
- What should be included in your Safe Work Handbook;
- What training should be provided to your employees;
- How to identify workplace hazards;
- How to respond to workplace accidents; and
- When do workplace accidents need to be reported, and to whom.