- This event has passed.
Employer Webinar – COVID-19 and Your Workplace: Complying with Health and Safety Obligations – May 7, 2020
May 7 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Our ongoing COVID-19 and Your Workplace webinar series is here to assist employers and HR professionals as they navigate this challenging time.
On April 30th, the Ontario Government announced that it has released guidelines and materials in order to help protect the health and safety of workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Further, the Ministry of Labour has hired 58 new inspectors in order to ensure that employers are complying with the COVID-19 emergency orders and the COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. The Ministry of Labour will be seeking to ensure that employers are taking all reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of their workers. The Ontario Government further confirmed that, as of earlier this week, the Ministry of Labour has already completed inspections and investigations for 4,438 workplaces in regards to COVID-19 and had issued 1,386 orders, which included 18 stop-work orders.
For our next complimentary weekly webinar on Thursday May 7, 2020, we will address complying with health and safety obligations during COVID-19. For example, we will discuss:
1. What are you obligations under the new COVID-19 guidelines?
2. What are you obligations in regards to COVID-19 under the Occupational Health and Safety Act?
3. What PPE (personal protective equipment) should you be providing to your workers?
4. What material are you required to post in your workplace?
5. What should your COVID-19 workplace safety policies and procedures look like?
As the options, obligations, and impact of COVID-19 on the workplace continue to change, we are ready to strategically support you and your business. For more information or for assistance with HR and employment law issues, please contact our firm.