Speakers - Robin MacKnight & Christine Ashton Registration - 7:45 a.m. Breakfast and Seminar - 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Best Practices for Tax Dispute Resolutions From handling the objection, to providing expert advice
Speakers – Robin MacKnight & Christine Ashton
Registration – 7:45 a.m.
Breakfast and Seminar – 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Best Practices for Tax Dispute Resolutions
From handling the objection, to providing expert advice at the appeals stage, accountants are often critical in resolving tax disputes. Further, tax disputes are fairly common, with almost 70,000 objections being filed a year and over $4.5 billion in taxes being annually disputed.
At this seminar, we will discuss best practices for accountants in handling tax disputes. This will include:
- Stategies for drafting the objection;
- Making us of Access to Information and Personal Information requests
- Limits to accountants’ records;
- Assisting with the Appeal, including Expert Reports and the List of Documents; and
- Assisting with the drafting of the Minutes of Settlement or Consent to Judgement.
(Wednesday) 7:45 am - 9:00 am EST
Edward Village Hotel (formerly Delta Markham Hotel)
50 East Valhalla Drive, Markham, Ontario Canada
Wilson Vukelich LLP