Prior to joining the firm, Robin was the Executive Director of the Canadian Tax Foundation. Prior to that, he was a partner of a national law firm.
Robin has been a teacher for his entire career. He teaches in the graduate program at Osgoode Hall Law School, was one of the original faculty of the University of Waterloo Master of Tax program where he was the thesis supervisor and taught an emerging issues course for 10 years, and has taught at Queen's University Law School, the Harvard Law School International Tax Program, the University of Calgary law school and the bar admission courses in Ontario and Alberta. He has developed and taught courses for CRA auditors. He is a frequent writer and speaker for continuing education programs sponsored by domestic and international professional organizations, including the Canadian, Ontario, American and International Bar Associations, the Canadian Tax Foundation, STEP, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, the International Fiscal Association and the OECD.
Robin has served on several advisory committees to the CRA and industry associations. He was a director of STEP Canada for over ten years and is now a member of STEP's Worldwide Council and its Public Policy Committee. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of the Trust Quarterly Reviews, published by STEP and The Association of Corporate Trustees. In November 2015, he was awarded a Founders Award by STEP Worldwide for services to the STEP organization in Canada and abroad.
Involvement & Recognition
- Martindale & Hubbell – AV Preeminent®, since 1997
- 2015 – Founders Award, STEP Worldwide
- Member, Editorial Board, Trust Quarterly Review
- Member, STEP Worldwide, Public Policy Committee
- Member, STEP Canada, Audit Committee
- Director, Kinark Child and Family Services, Markham (children’s mental health and autism)
- Faculty, Osgoode Hall Law School, Part Time LL.M. Program
- Faculty and Founder, CBA Tax Law for Lawyers course
Robin is an advocate for the Ontario wine industry and live music and theatre.